For the Coriolis Effect Project I made a piece of immersive, experiential and super-fun live art, you can see pictures and stories about it here.
What were the major benefits and outcomes?
The live art project has extended out into an ongoing work that I have successfully remounted and toured internationally in Jogjakarta at Pesta Boneka (International Puppet Festival, Papermoon ) and Turning Targets (25 years of Cemeti) and I hope to present and tour more within Australia.
What were the successes and challenges?
- Creating an international touring work.
- Developing great trusting collaborative creative relationships with peers.
- Successful integration of social media and interactive performance.
- Working in a highly risk-averse event environment.
- Getting enough time on the site for developing a site-specific and locally-linked work.
- Working with a creative excellence framework in an experimental live-art environment.
- Balancing a professional and creative development, peer-learning project with a high-stakes performance outcome in a national event.
Have you had difficulties and wins in creative professional development that you have been involved in? I would love to hear about your experience in the comments, in the G+ discussion forum about Arts in Regional and Remote Communities. or ping me on Twitter.