“Australian Arts in Asia Awards
The Australian Arts in Asia Awards celebrate the important role Australian artists and arts organisations play in enhancing Australia’s relationship with Asia.
The Awards recognise, celebrate and promote the significant number of Australian artists engaging with Asia, who contribute to stronger, deeper and broader cultural links with Asia.
Award winners will form a showcase of projects and activities promoting the value of cultural engagement with Asia and encourage other Australian artists to engage in Asia.
About the Awards
The Minister for Arts, The Hon Tony Burke MP will host the inaugural Australian Arts in Asia Awards on 1 August 2013. The awards recognise Australian artists and arts organisations who contribute by enhancing Australia’s relationship with Asia.
New Awards celebrate Australian artists – Read the Minister’s media release.
Award finalists announced ahead of winners event
· Arts Centre Melbourne and Playking Productions: Cho Cho, China
· Ben Fox: The Best Dressed Project, Indonesia
· Legs on the Wall: The Tale of Samulnori, Republic of Korea (South Korea)
· Polyglot Theatre: Tangle and We Built this City, Republic of Korea (South Korea) and Taiwan
· PVI Collective: resist, India
· Snuff Puppets: People’s Puppet Project workshop in Dharavi, India
· Snuff Puppets: Wedhus Gembel project, Indonesia
Best Dressed Project Page:
Jessica Anderson, Paul MacPhail, Theaker Von Ziarno in Goolwa 2012.